The idea of working out invokes mixed feelings in people. Whereas some perk up in excitement whenever they enter the gyms, others dread every moment they need to exert physical effort. Quite predictably, the latter is the more generic reaction of individuals toward […]
Whether you are young or old, keeping your mind and body is just as important. Considering that your brain works tirelessly for 24 hours in a day since it is the central processing unit of your body, proper care is necessary to keep it functioning normally.
Having the right balanced diet and eating foods packed with nutrients that are specifically good for the brain, regular physical exercises, mental relaxation and keeping a positive attitude are among the things you can do to keep your brain sound and healthy.
The Right Food for a Healthy Brain
Eating well-balanced meals not only keeps your body healthy but your brain as well. There are foods with nutritional values ideal for brain development and can help keep your brain in top form.
- Virgin Coconut Oil contains healthy fatty acids that, when digested by the body, releases ketones which provide energy to the brain. Its anti-inflammatory properties may prevent swelling or infections of the brain, reducing the risk of brain damage, which ultimately results in memory loss.
- Olive oil has antioxidants called polyphenols that can provide your brain protection from brain-related diseases.
- Eggs, or particularly the yolks, are packed with choline which is vital for brain development.
- Nuts are a good source of vitamin E which is necessary to prevent brain damage and deterioration of cognitive health.
- Fatty, oily fish such as salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids that are needed to build and repair brain cells and maintain proper brain functions.
- Blueberries are known to be rich in antioxidants that can protect the brain from inflammation and degeneration.
- Turmeric or curcumin, a deep yellow root crop used in curry powder, has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that can help boost cognitive function, improve memory, and hinder mental deterioration related to aging.
- Dark chocolate is actually a healthy treat filled with antioxidants and it contains stimulants such as caffeine, which helps improve concentration and enhance positive mood.
- Avocados are abundant in vitamin K and folate, two components that play a part in the prevention of blood clots in the brain – a common cause of stroke. Additionally, avocados help boost memory and concentration.
- Green leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale are full of vitamins A and K and are said to prevent dementia.
Be Active, Have Fun
Regular exercises lower your chances of experiencing depression and anxiety. Exercising or engaging in physical activities stimulates blood flow throughout your body and brain. Exercise can also decrease the risk of high blood pressure and may aid in cutting down stress levels.
Engaging in social activities may help improve cognitive function and prevent dementia. Regular interaction with other people can also stimulate brain performance.
Relax and Stay Positive
Being stressed, anxious and depressed can have adverse effects on cognitive function and can have a negative impact on your brain. Always think positive. There are ways to reduce stress and prevent anxiety from setting in. Meditation and mental relaxation may do the trick in keeping your brain from being overwhelmed.
Avoid anything that can risk damage to your brain such as smoking, excessive intake of alcohol and drugs. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle can make your brain healthy and happy.
It has been a word of mouth that organic virgin coconut oil is packed with a lot of health benefits that it’s considered one of the healthiest foods. Considering that it’s oil and has saturated fat, it makes you wonder what magical properties […]
Dancing is one form of exercise that helps keep you fit, and healthy. One of the fun and exciting options to do this is Zumba. Zumba is a Latin-inspired dance exercise program that is a combination of flamenco, salsa, samba, meringue, belly-dancing with a bit […]
Are there days wherein you’re ready to give up anything just to avoid exercising? It exhausts you and makes your muscles sore, so it’s not shocking for this idea to cross your mind. Even the die-hard fitness enthusiasts and instructors feel idleness at times, though they’re great at fighting it.
You, of course, can prevent laziness from halting your training goals too. What enabled you to start exercising in the first place? Rehashing the answer to that every day may change your mood. If you need a little more push, however, you can get motivation from the following mantras.
Love is a sweet yet rebellious phenomenon that individuals from various walks of life experience at least once. You better believe that because it even allows opposites to fall for each other. Do they have misunderstandings? Yes, but they deal with it by […]